Who would have thought you could make a gourmet salad this interesting and appetizing?
Unique, packed with nutrient dense vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, this gourmet salad is a party for your taste buds. Perfect for your next dinner party to impress your guests with such a beautiful and diverse combination of ingredients. Making your own dressing is also key, as it is hard to find tasty dressings that are void of processed ingredients. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Mixed Greens with White Asparagus, Raw Cacao, Macadamia Nuts, Kiwi and Dried Goji Berries with a Bright Kiwi Vinaigrette
Ingredients For Salad
- 1 small handful each of Butter Lettuce, Red Kale and Pea Shoots
- 3-4 stalks shaved white asparagus
- 1/4 red onion…thin sliced
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao
- 1/4 cup dried Goji Berries
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 kiwi thin sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Salad: In a large mixing bowl starting with greens fold all ingredients together gently and arrange on a white plate..Serve with grilled flatbread..
Ingredients For Dressing
- 3 kiwis peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp high quality Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- few sprigs of chives
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Directions for dressing: In a food processor mix all ingredients well and serve immediately..
Tips: Dried figs or dates are a good substitute if goji berries are not available..Spinach and Arugula can be substituted for the greens.
Latest posts by Ron Badach (see all)
- Gourmet Green Salad with Kiwi Vinaigrette - April 20, 2017
- Black Quinoa, Cauliflower and Golden Lentil Burger with Asian Pear Slaw and Hoisin Ketchup - February 8, 2017
- Red Kale Salad with Sliced Fennel, Pecans, Dried Cherries with Grapefruit Poppy Vinaigrette - January 4, 2017
- Grilled Tandoori Tofu and Bell Pepper Kebabs with Coconut & Lemon Basmati Rice - December 9, 2016
- French Lentil, White Bean and Rainbow Chard Soup - November 23, 2016